There now increases a number of people having difficulty in sleeping at one point in time due to increases in stress levels. Unfortunately, poor sleeping habits can do a lot harm to the body. The less we sleep, the more susceptible we are to medical conditions like increases in blood pressure. Lack of sleep has also been associated with diabetes, coronary heart disease, and stroke.
According to National Institutes of Health, a 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep each night will:
– Increase your chances of safe driving.
– Reduce your chances of obesity.
– Reduce the risk of diabetes and heart problems.
– Puts your concentration, memory, and alertness much quicker.
– Improve creativity and reduce mood swings.
– Strengthen your immune system.
Sleep trackers is an innovative device that employ a process known as actigraphy. It is a method of monitoring patterns of wake and sleep. The information collected can be easily synchronized and analyzed using your smartphone. It enables you to see how you slept compared to other nights. It will help you deal with your sleeping troubles. As a result, you get to enjoy quality sleep which results to better health, mood, and general well-being.
Why should you buy a sleep tracker?
Using a sleep tracker is very important in curbing sleep problems:
1. It helps track sleeping habits. The adult needs at least eight hours every night which is ignored by most people doing only less than six hours which is not very good. With the device, it will be easy to monitor if you are either oversleeping or undersleeping. Because both of which could interfere with your health and brain activity.
2. Disorder detection. The device can also help figure out if a sleeping disorder has set in. This will prompt you to see a medical expert which is the most logical thing to do especially at this point. It is estimated that million Filipinos have sleeping disorders where 4-6% of the population might have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). No other day is the best time to end insomnia but today!
3. Manage Snoring. A sleep tracker can also be helpful in dealing with snoring – a surprising reason that could result to a relationship breakup with your partner.
4. Improves accuracy of sleep assessment. In comparison to visiting a specialist, recording yourself when asleep, manually keeping diaries on your sleep, or having your partner monitor your sleep, using a sleep tracker is a more convenient option. Besides, the sleep monitoring process will be more private that you can perform solely without the involvement of others. A sleep tracker can give you data on the following:
– It gives insight on the length of your sleep.
– The time it takes before you finally fall asleep can be identified.
– It also reveals if you’ve either been restless or peaceful during sleeps.
Sleeping disorders most of the time boils down to habits. For example, over indulgence in caffeinated beverages, sugar, poor diets, and lack of exercise.
It is absolutely important to own a sleep tracker. Ignoring unhealthy sleeping patterns can lead to escalation of medical disorders than you can imagine. The body can be liken to a vehicle’s engine that gradually wears with every kilometer it reaches even if it doesn’t seem so at first. In the long run, the engine will however prove to display problems at some point. It’s easy to assume you currently don’t have sleeping problems. To be on the safe side, it is important to track your sleep to ensure you are completely healthy.
The idea is the way you can’t always ascertain your body based only on how you currently feel. The body cannot be serviced the way a car is, by simply replacing the parts. The most important regular servicing you can give your body is adequate rest. Enough sleep is something you must track diligently. Good sleeping patterns not only help you prevent serious health conditions but also makes you more energetic and productive contributing to a happy and fulfilling life.
The benefits accrued to buying a sleep tracker far outweighs its cost. Pocket-friendly sleep trackers range from Php2,000 to Php10,000. There are some others that would cost a lot more than Php10,000. It all depends on the functionalities you want from it.