There are many different types of universal remote controls. They range from basic, low price models that can be found at local discount stores – only able to control a set number of devices – to the more advanced models that can allow you to control virtually any number of devices.
In a typical home theater system, many people have several devices such as DVD player, television, receiver, cable box, video games console and so on. Needless to say, you will have a control device for each of these components.
It can become quite a headache to keep track of each of your device control units and confusion can arise when you try and remember the appropriate pairing of each device to each component in your household. Furthermore, there is a greater chance of losing one or more controls especially if you have children in your household.
Surely it makes sense to have a universal remote control which can cleverly integrate all your household components into one easy to manage and convenient system. Essentially your television, receiver, cable satellite system, speaker system, DVD player can all function from one universal remote control unit. It is a convenient solution especially for people with many control units in their household. You will surely be saving money on battery costs for all the different remote controls.
Why should you buy a Universal Remote Control
If you still wonder why you need to buy another remote control when your current set of remotes can already control your components, read on. The following reasons will show you why a quality universal remote control is an essential part of a home theater system.
1. Reduce your home theater clutter – Today’s home theater systems are becoming more and more complex with multiple devices and more integration with things not originally connected to your home theater; such as game consoles and lighting systems. The typical home theater will have at least four remote controls and often much more in order to control all areas of the home theater. The vast majority of home theater owners (and maybe, more importantly, spouses of home theater owners) do not want their theaters cluttered with mismatched remotes of multiple shapes, sizes, and colors. The ability to get a single remote control to replace all of the others is a clear benefit.
2. Ease of use – Do you feel like you need an electronics degree to operate your home theater? A universal remote control allows you to input what devices you’ll make use of it, either through easy programming setups or computer management. Once you get through the initial setup, your remote control can work intuitively to control all of your components.
3. Programming activities or macros – To simplify things even one step further, most of the mid-range and up universal remotes will allow you to program activities or macros into the remote. This will allow your system to be set up at the touch of a button. This is not just an added simplification, but the backlit LCD screen and automation does provide a little extra wow factor that will help set apart your home theater from others.
4. Tired of losing remotes – Having three small children, it seems like a rare occasion when all of your remotes were in the correct location, so that you don’t have to search for them. In contrary, you usually spent many a day checking behind recliner cushions, under the sofa, on the bookshelf in search of the last elusive remote. Now you’ll only need to keep track of one remote.
5. Reduce battery usage – Whether you are concerned about the environment or simply wanting to save a few bucks on replacing batteries, a universal remote control will drastically cut down on batteries you need to use.
Universal Remotes are progressively extending the functions, tools, and gadgets that they can control. Several universal remote controls designed for home theater systems can execute commands for wireless-manipulated lights. With just a single push of a button, there will begin a movie for you and at the same time, turn the lights on. You can now run your home entertainment systems, alarms, and lighting using just one receiver.
One of these days, you will only have one remote control that will deal with all electronic gadgets in your home and place of work. So why have each remote for every device in your house? Imagine returning home from work very tired; you want to turn your TV and DVD Player on. It will seem hectic when each of your devices has its own remote. Buy a universal remote today and make your life around your house easy.
When choosing a Universal Remote there a few things to consider. What do you want your remote for? Is it just to replace your regular remote that got dropped into the fish tank, (Php1,000) or did you get a new stereo system with surround sound that you want to tie in with your TV and DVD player. A remote like this will cost you around Php3,000 to Php5,000. This brings us to the next thing, how much are you willing to spend?
Now, if you have a TV, x-box, DVD player, DVR, Stereo system with surround and TV-PC software that allows you to tap into 3500 channels worldwide, you can look at a price range of Php7,500 to Php20,000.